Senior Art Director
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Exciting Senior Art Director opportunity to join a great marketing agency client in the heart of Ottawa. Opportunity includes potential growth within the company with a hybrid work model. Open to Canadian citizens/Perm Residents who have prior advertising agency experience, a stellar portfolio, and love the chance of creating great creative that truly makes an impact.
Do you challenge yourself to deliver award winning creative solutions? Our client is looking for a Senior Art Director (hands-on) with a passion for change and sense of purpose, who wants to work with clients who truly make a difference and impact. This job is not just about a killer portfolio; rather it is more about finding those unique creative solutions that make you say, “Ah ha”!
This role will report to the Executive Creative Director, and work closely with a passionate team of designers and colleagues who wear many hats themselves. Candidates can be based in Canada, with a preference to Toronto and Ottawa.
Attributes you bring to this organization include:
- Develop and execute on creative solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with and support colleagues and teams with a goal of delivering solutions with a “speed to market” focus.
- Develop and conceptualize tag lines, body copy, etc. as part of an overall campaign strategy.
- Be creative! Love to present to clients those “out of the box” solutions? Great! This role requires the art director to participate in high level brainstorm sessions, write clear and concise creative rationales for presenting ideas, and execute on solutions.
- Be comfortable taking creative direction and producing assets for print, digital, social.
- Be part Sherlock Holmes – find resources and/or develop techniques that enable you to work quickly and efficiently, independently or part of a team.
- Exhibits outstanding design judgment and can quickly grasp the clients’ business challenges to achieve the highest possible results for all assets requiring design across all mediums.
- Direct and be accountable for the final development and production of creative assets
- You’re okay with having to sometimes change gears mid stream depending on client deliverables…we promise no head spinning will be required!
- Ensure accuracy, attention to detail and that the project overall meets or exceeds the design objectives
- Can still laugh at the end of a busy day!
Key skills you bring with you include:
- Experienced in developing and executing on original creative (not design extensions) and very comfortable presenting ideas to client audience (not rough but close to final look and feel)
- Possess excellent hands-on skills in layout and typography for all mediums (portfolio should include samples of work for all mediums).
- Passionate about detail…it’s the little things that count!
- Possesses a keen eye for both sourcing assets or creating original content – Illustration or Photography – and ability to modify as required.
- Nice to have…some experience in video and motion, directing and editing.
- Solid skills in Adobe Suite as well as PowerPoint and Word.
- Convert rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews
- Recommend, research and develop imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution
- Experience with proposal development and concept preparation.
- Ability to lead and mentor others, as well as learning more yourself!